Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Creating bootable Linux USB pen drive with Windows software.

http://www.pendrivelinux.com/

LinuxLive USB Creator
http://www.linuxliveusb.com/

UUI
http://www.pendrivelinux.com/universal-usb-installer-easy-as-1-2-3/

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was using this one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YUMI
http://www.pendrivelinux.com/yumi-multiboot-usb-creator/
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




























I can not boot from USB3 port when I move it to USB3 gets recognised

1) http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2228240


2) http://forums.scotsnewsletter.com/index.php?showtopic=66933

Very few BIOS's support booting from a USB 3 drive because there is little room for a USB 3 driver in the BIOS.  This means, also, that there is no driver loaded when the Grub2 menu appears.  Not realizing this, I purchased a couple of 64gb USB 3 flash drives with the intent of loading distros on them and freeing up space on my SSD drive.

I think I can partially solve this in Linux by installing a "minimalist" distro on the SSD and then switching to the USB 3 drive after the kernel has loaded.  I know I can do it in Mint or Ubuntu by switching after the OS has fully loaded but I'm thinking that there must be a more elegant way of doing it earlier in the boot process.  Anybody have any suggestions?

#2 OFFLINE   amenditman

    Posting Prodigy
  • Forum MVP
  • 2,426 posts
Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:28 PM
I don't understand your problem.

I have been happily booting LiveUSB distros and fully installed distros from USB 3.0 sticks for a year and a half.
I have never found a computer that would boot from USB that would not boot from the USB 3 sticks.
Ditto for USB 3 external HDDs.
Obviously, if the board only supports USB 2 I am only booting them using that but they still boot.

More information is required, perhaps there is something else going on.
Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:27 PM
View Postamenditman, on 10 December 2013 - 04:28 PM, said:
I don't understand your problem.

I have been happily booting LiveUSB distros and fully installed distros from USB 3.0 sticks for a year and a half.
I have never found a computer that would boot from USB that would not boot from the USB 3 sticks.
Ditto for USB 3 external HDDs.
Obviously, if the board only supports USB 2 I am only booting them using that but they still boot.

More information is required, perhaps there is something else going on.
You can boot USB 3 sticks all day long.  Just not from all USB 3 ports.  They'll boot from USB 2 at USB 2 speeds.  This is not true in every case.  I imagine more expensive boards may have USB 3 drivers in their BIOS but Asrock's tech supports confirmed that my MB does not.  The OS must load drivers before the USB 3 ports on the MB are functional.

4 comments:

  1. Making the bootable device of USB which is very much important to know for the making of OS to get updated our PC. Thanks a lot for your instructions. coimbatore website designing company | online shopping in coimbatore

    ReplyDelete
  2. FESHOP NEW DOMAIN 2017 2018 2019 Really I enjoy your site with effective and useful information. It is included very nice post with a lot of our resources.thanks for share. i enjoy this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uniccshop real unicc shop script Really I enjoy your site with effective and useful information. It is included very nice post with a lot of our resources.thanks for share. i enjoy this post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. importers data This particular is usually apparently essential and moreover outstanding truth along with for sure fair-minded and moreover admittedly useful My business is looking to find in advance designed for this specific useful stuffs…

    ReplyDelete